Friday, May 4, 2012

138th Kentucky Derby Final Rankings





See Full Preview: 138th Kentucky Derby Preview

Mystified Ticket's Derby Hi-5(Final Rankings)

1) #4
 Union Rags 9-2


-I have considered him the best horse even after his loss in the BC Juvenile. Florida Derby loss gave me more confidence in this horse. No need to jump off the bandwagon on Derby Eve. 

2) #8 Creative Cause 12-1

-If I could pick co-favorites, believe me I would. Finished in the money 8 out of 8 lifetime starts. Don't expect that to change come tomorrow when they "Run for the Roses".  

3) #15 Gemologist 6-1

-Would have liked to seen this guy run against better competition. Just can't overlook his undefeated resume along with his two wins at Churchill. Expect him to be there at the end. 

4) #5 Dullahan 8-1

-Top closer in this field will be picking off horses down the stretch. I just hope the Blue Grass didn't take too much out of him.

5) #16 El Padrino 20-1

-Sleeper in the race that could make some noise. Has the class and speed figures to be a legitimate threat. 

Don't Count Out...
 #6 Bodemeister 4-1

-Driving myself crazy trying to figure out if this horse is the real deal or not. I just think too much speed too early will do him in going 1 1/4 mile. We find out tomorrow if he truly is a super horse. 

#14 Hansen 10-1

-Drawing the fourteenth post instead of that dreaded one, definitely did Hansen some favors. He will be sitting outside the two speed horses, Bodemeister and Trinniberg which will be good if they can get out in front of him. Don't write off the two-year-old champ. 

#3 Take Charge Indy 15-1

-Very intriguing horse who is a threat, especially with Borel on the mount. I know he is bred for the distance, but I just have a have a hard time believing he will be there at the end if he takes off towards the lead at the start. 

#7 Rousing Sermon 50-1

- Deep Closer who could find himself filling out some exotics if the race plays out in his favor. 

#19 I'll Have Another 12-1

-The 19th post might be too much to overcome for I'll Have Another. 


*Good Luck figuring out this deep field of unpredictable three-year-olds! Enjoy Derby Day and hopefully you will be cashing in some tickets...

No comments:

Post a Comment